CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tired of all the Skinny girl stores

I'm angry. In fact I haven't been this angry in a really long time. Let me tell you why.

I'm a big girl. It's fine I've come to terms with it. And I've learned to love myself just the way I am. Well I have recently moved quite a lot. Times are definitely tough and the bad economy has hit my family extremely hard. So during the last move I went through my clothes and thought well I'll take them down to Plato's Closet and get some money for them. For those of you that don't know what Plato's closet is let me explain. It's kinda like a kids consignment shop but for adults. Well as I was rudely told Teenagers.

So anyway I get all my gently used clothes together and march my butt down there. Only to be told that they only except clothes from size 0 to 6. What kind of horse shit is that. I haven't been a size 0 since I was born. So now I'm pissed. And I start yelling at the lady. About how it's unfair that they only take and sell those sizes what about the rest of us. And she very rudely interrupts me and says that the store is for teenagers only.

Well I am so sorry that I am to big for your store. It will definitely be the last time I step foot in one and my daughters will never shop there.

I feel a little better now that I got that off my chest. Maybe I'll start a gently used plus size store that works the same way. Hmmm maybe someday.

Glitter Graphics - http://www.glittertextgraphics.com

doctor reviews

6 comments:

Sara

So yeah, I completely agree. If you have a chance you can copy and paste your post at http://www.thepissedoffconsumer.com/.

I so would have went off on them and told them that I know some teenagers that aren't a size 6. I wasn't a size 6 as a teen. What about those teenagers you rude little twerp!

What they said and did to you wasn't right.

Sofia's Ideas

We have a Plato's Closet too and let me tell you, even though I could shop there, I refuse to! The one time I went, they were so obnoxious and rude to me it was ridiculous. All I did was ask how the whole "sell your clothes for cash" thing worked and I was completely turned off by the attitude emanating off the employees. Actually, I think the one guy was the owner!

You should totally start your own store! :)

Anyway, I'm now following you through the Boost My Blog Friday Blog Hop! I hope you'll do the same! You can find & follow me @ http://sofiasideas.com/

Sofia's Ideas

Jaime

Do they not know that there are some teenagers that wear sizes larger than a 6!!!!!!!!!! OMG what planet do they live on.
I'm a new follower and would love for you to follow my blog
Copper Llama Studio
http://copperllamastudio.blogspot.com/

Anonymous

Stopping by from the Saturday hop, and am now a follower!

Stop by if you get a chance:

Coupon Clippin' Daddy

Lolo @ Crazy About My Baybah

That is awful. I was not even a size 0-6 when I was a teenager.
Thanks for joining Bee Friendly Friday!

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com

That's awful! I think you should start your own store!

www.bentobloggy.com